After you have determined that a source is not available through the University of Richmond's libraries, you can seek a copy by making an interlibrary loan request.
I. Set Up a User Account
II. Make a Request
You can choose from:
Other (Please try NOT to use the “Other” request form unless the request will absolutely not fit into one of the other categories.)
Fill in as much information as possible about the item you are requesting. (Red asterisks indicate required fields.)
IF YOU ARE REQUESTING THIS FOR A JOURNAL: In the Notes field, please enter the name of your journal.
IF YOUR ARE AN ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT or RESEARCH ASSISTANT: In the Notes field, please enter the name of the faculty member who has made the request. (You will get all subsequent notifications – Please forward to the appropriate faculty member.)
Click on “Submit Request.”
All interlibrary loan book include a paper slip attached to the book indicating the book's due date. Do not remove this paper and please return all books to Access Services before the due date.
FACULTY: You will receive an email when your requested book arrives and it will be placed in your faculty mailbox.
STUDENTS: You will receive an email when your requested book arrives and the book will be available for pickup from the Law Library Circulation Desk.
Articles, Books Chapters, or Statutes that can be scanned easily may be received electronically instead of waiting for a hardcopy.
You will be notified by email when an electronic item is available for viewing. Under "View," select "Electronically Received Articles." Each item will have an option to "View" the source.
NOTE: Electronically received items are only available for 30 DAYS after receipt.
III. Tracking Requests
1. Under View, click on “Outstanding Requests” to see a list of requests that are being processedand their current statuses.
2. If the library is unable to fill a request, you will be notified via e-mail. You can also view cancelled requests in your Interlibrary Loan account. (View - Cancelled Requests)
IV. Renewing Books
1. Under "View," click on "Checked out Items."
2. Click on "Renew Item" at the top of the page.
3. Not all materials can be renewed.
4. All materials should be returned to Andrew Frank in Access Services by the renewal date.